At La Cannaisseur the moment you walk through our doors you will be greeted by a welcoming atmosphere and a knowledgeable staff. This is because we are a small, family-run dispensary in Portland OR, offering you a unique and welcoming experience, as well as delivery to Portland residents.
Cannabis-infused butter (Cannabutter) can be used in any recipe you use butter in making cooking with cannabis very convenient! It is important to make it properly, however. In order for it to work properly, the infused butter needs to be over a low heat for several hours. There are a few different ways of making cannabutter but the two most popular are using a stovetop or a slow cooker. Here are both.
- 1 lb unsalted butter
- 1 cup water (add more water at any time if needed)
- 1 ounce of ground cannabis flower or 1 1/2 ounces of high-quality cannabis trim (this amount will make some pretty potent butter, so decrease the amount of cannabis if you want a recipe that delivers lighter doses)
Stove Top Method:
- Add one cup of water and 1 lb of butter into a stock pot or sauce pan; let the butter melt and begin to simmer on low. Adding water helps to regulate the temperature and prevents the butter from scorching.
- As butter begins to melt, add in your ground cannabis product.
- Maintain low heat and let the mixture simmer for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Make sure the mixture never comes to a full boil.
Slow Cooker Method (my personal favorite):
- Turn slow cooker onto low and add in 1 cup of water, 1 lb of unsalted butter, and 1 to 1 1/2 ounces of ground cannabis flower.
- Cover slow cooker and let simmer on low for 8 to 24 hours, stirring occasionally. When it comes to infusing butter, the longer you let the cannabis product simmer, the more cannabinoids will be infused into the final product.
For Both Methods:
- After simmering for your desired amount of time, pour the hot mixture into a glass, refrigerator-safe container, using a cheese cloth or fine mesh strainer to strain out all plant product from the butter mixture. Squeeze or press the plant material to get as much liquid off of the plant product as possible. Discard leftover plant material.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining liquid overnight or until the butter is fully hardened. Once hardened, the butter will separate from the water, allowing you to lift the now infused canna-butter from the water to use in your recipes. Discard remaining water after removing the hardened canna-butter.
- Let the canna-butter sit at room temperature to soften for use. Do not use a microwave to soften the butter.
At La Cannaissuer you can expect quality as well as variety in our buds and products. We care about providing a personal experience and feel that you can only really get from a local dispensary. That means you get better prices and better weed if you visit or request a recreational marijuana delivery.